Charleston Fire Department
Crews responded to Pick Thai around 11:30 p.m. Nov. 23
Around 11:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, Charleston
and James Island Fire Departments, Charleston County EMS, and Charleston PD were dispatched to James Island's Island Plaza shopping center after a police officer reported smoke coming from the building.
According to Charleston Fire Department, "Emergency units arrived at the Island Plaza shopping center and found smoke coming from the Pick Thai restaurant and fire in the kitchen area." The fire was quickly contained to the the small Thai restaurant's kitchen.
Investigators have determined that the fire originated at the stove "near a pot that may have been left cooking after the business closed." However, the events leading up to the fire are still under investigation.
Pick Thai staff have not yet returned a call for comment. No injuries were reported.