It’s a dreary Tuesday, but that’s no excuse for taking a break from Spoleto. There are shows opening today, so put on those rain boots and head out.
* At 2:15 today, check out Conversations With the artistic team behind Flora, an Opera at the Dock Street Theatre. All are welcome to this free event.
* D.C.’s Word Dance Theatre performs Revolutionary! Isadora Duncan today at 4 p.m. Tickets are sold out for today’s performance (though we have a few to give away), so be sure to snap up yours for the rest of the week — there are only three more performances.
* Daniel MacIvor’s This Is What Happens Next opens at the Memminger at 7 p.m. Think of this solo show as a scary fairy tale with a happy ending. Tickets are $30, and it runs through June 6.
* Holy City Homecomin’ is tonight at McCrady’s, with shows at 7 and 10 p.m. The Mark Sterbank Jazz Group features Charlton Singleton, Fred Wesley, Tommy Gill, Herman Burney Jr., Quentin Baxter, and Mark Sterbank. Tickets are $30.
* The first of four Under the Lights productions is tonight at 8 p.m. Now in its fourth year, it highlights original student-written 10-minute plays. Tickets are $16, or $13 for students and seniors.
* Discretion, from Rock Hill-based Main Street Theatre, is a drama about a crumbling marriage. The show is at Lance Hall at 8 pm., and tickets are $19.
* (Bleep), Marry, Kill is at Theatre 99 at 9:30 p.m. Dave Hill had to cancel, but he will be replaced with an All-Star Improv Jam. This one’s definitely for adults only. Tickets are $16 in advance and $15 at the door.
See our calendar for today’s full line-up.