On Friday, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control announced 245 new cases of the novel coronavirus as officials ramp up testing statewide and three additional deaths, bringing the statewide total cases to 9,636 and death toll to 419.
"As South Carolina increases testing, there will likely be more laboratory-confirmed cases," DHEC's info page reads. Officials say they are looking at the percentage of those testing positive, a figure that DHEC shows as trending down in recent weeks. Source: DHEC
More than 500,000 in South Carolina are out of a job since the coronavirus pandemic began. However, the challenge will be finding new jobs for people who lost theirs. Source: AP
What we're reading
- If You're Feeling Impulsive Right Now, You're Not Alone
- A Doctor Told Lawmakers The Country Is Not "Prepared For A Second Wave" Of The Coronavirus
- A new ad makes the case against Lindsey Graham with Graham doing all the talking
- I Miss Taking Selfies in Restaurant Bathrooms
- A crash course in contact tracing: What it’s like to track COVID-19
- Giphy ruined GIFs, and Facebook ruined the internet. They're perfect for each other.
Shot: The Atlantic
- The Misfortune of Graduating in 2020
- These Photos Show Creative Ways People Are Celebrating Graduation During The Coronavirus Pandemic
The hits from the City Paper:
- Pandemic prompts Crosstown pizza joint to rebrand as Saber's Deli
- Gaillard Center puts local artists on stage and online with Lowcountry Listens series
- Gracie & Lacy hosting virtual Memorial Day concert on Saturday
Friday fun stuff
We're dancing into the weekend...
...here are our plans.
I guess if you have to go...
Hey, your day could be worse, right?
Finally, the moment you have been waiting for:
See you here next Friday.