Thursday, July 12
Art For Pride Art Walk, 5-8 p.m.
The Olde Village, North Charleston
• The walk will take place at various businesses along North Charleston's Old Business District on East Montague in Park Circle. It will celebrate local LGBT artists. Free
Gay In America Book Signing,
5:30-10:30 p.m. South of Broadway Theatre Company Studios, 1080 E. Montague Ave., North Charleston
• Sponsored by the local LGBT community group enlightenMen, this book signing features author Scott Pasfield. The book highlights various LGBT individuals and their lives throughout the United States through photo documentation.
Takeover Charleston, 6-10 p.m. DIG in the Park, 1049 E. Montague Ave. North Charleston
• The group responsible for the social takeovers at areas such as California Dreaming and the Tides at Folly will be taking over Dig in the Park in Park Circle. Gather with friends and enjoy food and drinks.
LGBT Film Festival, 7 & 9 p.m. The Olde North Charleston Picture House, 4820 Jenkins Ave. North Charleston
• The festival will feature films Breakfast With Scott and Pariah, the latter of which was featured at the Sundance Film Festival last year. $5, $2/Park Circle Film Society members
Friday, July 13
Charleston Pride Empress and Emperor Pageant, 6-9 p.m. Music Farm, 32 Ann St. Downtown
• The pageant will feature the following categories: Evening Gown, Creative Pride Wear, and the Talent portion. The Empress and Emperor will represent Pride for the next year. $10/21 and up, $15/under 21
Charleston Pride Sin Party, 9 p.m. Music Farm, 32 Ann St. Downtown
• Immediately following the Empress and Emperor Pageant, Absolut Vodka, in coordination with Chris Coleman Enterprises and Revolve Paper, present the party, with dance music from Oren Nizri, a fashion show, and giveaways. $15/advance, $25/VIP
Saturday, July 14
Charleston Pride Parade, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Park Circle. North Charleston
• The signature event of every Pride festival, the 2012 Charleston Pride Parade returns to the Park Circle area of North Charleston. It will feature floats from various local individuals and businesses and leads to the Pride Rally. Free
Charleston Pride Rally, 12-5 p.m.
Riverfront Park, 1001 Everglades Drive.
•• Immediately following the parade, the rally will offer a full array of entertainment and activities for kids and adults, including food, live entertainment, vendors, and more. Chairs, umbrellas, grills, and pets are welcome. Free
Charleston Pride Neptune Party, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. S.C. Aquarium, 100 Aquarium Wharf. Downtown
&bull With DJ Manny Lehman providing the music, the party will feature a fashion show and crowd giveaways compliments of Timoteo Swimwear, plus door prizes. $25/general admission, $35/VIP
Charleston Pride Worship Party, 2 a.m.
S.C. Aquarium, 100 Aquarium Wharf. Downtown
• The official after-hours party of Charleston Pride 2012, DJ Lydia Prim will be providing the music, and there will be a cash bar available until the end of the party. $25/general admission, $35/VIP
Sunday, July 15
Charleston Pride Folly Beach Party, 12-7 p.m. Folly Beach
• The closing party of Charleston Pride 2012, the party will feature local LGBT activist DJ Trevor, DJ Scorpio, a swimsuit fashion show, and more. Free