1. Sailing. Just be way more careful than that Abby Sunderland girl — and get some lessons at the Charleston Sailing School on Lockwood Drive.
2. Kayaking. Sea Kayak Carolina on James Island offers classes and tours each month.
3. Kiteboarding. Who says human beings can't fly? We sure can — for about 30 seconds at a time, especially with the help of Air in Mt. Pleasant.
4. Surfing. Hang 10 bro. Our favorite shop is McKevlin's on Folly Beach.
5. Paddleboarding. For those of us too klutzy, too cowardly, or lacking the proper lingo for surfing. Charleston Watersport's got 'em.