Unveiling its new ballroom and convention space, the Charleston Marriott recently cut the ribbon on the Joseph P. Riley Jr. Conference Center. For the hardcore baseball fans who might have too much fun on $1 beer night, the hotel is just a drunken stroll away from Joseph P. Riley Jr. Stadium on Fishburne Street. Here is a list of other Riley-fied makeovers.
1. The Joseph P. Riley Jr. Massive Medical University Parking Lot.
2. The Joseph P. Riley Jr. Sidewalk for Jogging Citadel Cadets.
3. The Joseph P. Riley Jr. Brittlebank Park.
4. The Joseph P. Riley Jr. Persistently Flooded Intersection at Fishburne Street and Hagood Avenue.
5. Heck, let's just name the city of Charleston Rileyville and get it over with.